Midnight Pearls 3

Friday, May 14, 2010

Bringing Form to Formless

A brilliant idea occurred today! As I meet new Swedish friends this summer - I want to intertwine this blog concept. How fun would it be to have Swedes take me shopping. If I'm in search of finding the essence of Swedish Fashion - then this makes sense as a great starting point. Goal #1. After all, I do live within walking distance of H&M. And to think, my husband can't say no...it's shopping for the glory of God.

This weekend I hope to start snapping some pics in our time off. I'm already noticing the "asymmetry" represented by lots of Swedes in their choice of dresses and skirts. It's a bit more sophisticated than the asymmetry i vaguely recall being popular when i was in High School.

I also fit right in with my cut off jean shorts over leggings...and to think that Americans laughed at me. I copied Kate Moss who must have copied Swedes.

One last thought - I was processing with a friend, explaining my deep love for sewing and making clothes. She made the connection that it's the process of bringing FORM to that which is FORMLESS. Genesis is all over this concept, God creating and forming the world, and ultimately US out of nothing, what was formless took on form. Sewing is worship. Another beautiful realization.

No comments:

Post a Comment