Midnight Pearls 3

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Why Swedish Swagger?

Some might read this and think it's vain. I would argue that it's quite the opposite. To me, fashion is art. My love for sewing and creating fashion has opened my eyes to an entirely fresh perspective on fashion. Fashion is creative. It's innovative. It's unique. It's identifying. It's beauty. It's collaboration. It's always changing. It is always defining. It is culture. Fashion is a reflection. It reflects all of these things, but goes even deeper. Fashion is a reflection of a beauty and creativity that can only be found in God. As I'm struck by the beauty of fashion, I'm pointed to the Creator. Fashion is worship...not the worship of the design itself, but the worship of the ultimate Designer.

My heart this summer is to worship with my eyes - to SEE the beauty of the Lord in a new and maybe even unique light. I have NO idea the direction this blog will take - but my hope is that ultimately I would experience God through my love of and for creating fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment