Midnight Pearls 3

Sunday, May 23, 2010

MQ Fashion

MQ is another sought after store here in Sweden. As I was browsing around and taking in this store, I immediately noticed the difference in clientèle. The crowd shopping is a bit older than what you would find at H&M or Gina Tricot. Something else I noticed is that the store caries name brands. It didn't hit me until now that H&M, Forever 21, even Target for that matter only carry their line with the occasional guest designer making an appearance. (I think Jimmy Choo has created a line for this season at H&M...brilliant marketing.) So because MQ carries name brands, the prices were higher, but not outrageous by ANY means. Here's who they carry:

365 Sunshine
Bjorn Borg
Blueprint
Ink
Bondelid
Calvin Klein
Diesel
Emilio
Fred Perry
G-Star
InWear
Levi's
Lyle & Scott
Maison Scotch
Mango
Matinique
New Balance
Peak Performance
Scotch and Soda
Stockhlm
Zoul

So brands are what set MQ apart to some degree. I did notice that the store had trendy items, but scaled back and a little more conservative, less edgy when compared to other Swedish stores. (Think Ann Taylor - she embraces a trend but doesn't go ALL OUT with it...my personal opinion...) But the clothing here is QUALITY. You can wear it more than once without it disintegrating after one wash.


Navy Top, Bondelid ~ $28
(Very Ann Taylor-ish)


Middle: Denim Dress, "Ricky" ~ $71
(I really had to dig to find something this edgy)




Below: A more conservative denim dress, an idea of the majority style.

No comments:

Post a Comment